Friday, August 19, 2016

"I Miss You"

Hello Friday!
Good morning friends, followers, visitors and viewers.  It is going to be a great day, don't you agree?
Your mind is on what you will be doing this weekend.  You may have called in today so that you can have a long weekend.  If the kids are not back in school...there is more school shopping to do.  If the older kids are back in their college dorms...you miss them and will spend the weekend with them.  If the grandkids are leaving this weekend to go back home...you can feel the void they are going to leave behind.
Do you miss them at all...those who have left you behind or will be leaving you behind?
I read some facebook pages this week of parents who are missing their children who went off to college for the first time.  If there were no more children at home...that "empty nest" syndrome started to kick in....I've been there and done that and my advice...you will soon get over it....start planning on how to use that empty bedroom.  They are going to come and go for the next three and a half years and then they will be out on their own.  Each time you get sad, walk into that room and start planning (lol).
Speaking of missing someone...I miss my granddaughter and I thought about making a card for her.  She starts school (third grade) on Monday.  I want to wish her and her classmates a successful school year.
Here is the card I made for her...nothing special because I was still shopping in my stash and found these items to use:
A piece of Ranger watercolor paper that I had colored with watercolor inks.  I had used my craft knife to cut some designs into the card and placed it in that stash pile.  I found a butterfly that matched the colors on the card a die cut from Cricut Design Space and a flower I had colored.  A fence that had been cut out using a Darice picket fence border die.   My traditional Neenah white cardstock.

 

I will "miss you" until I post again.  In the meantime, have a fantastic weekend and enjoy doing whatever makes you happy.
Let's meet back here on Monday.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: