Monday, August 1, 2016

"Snow Much Fun"

Welcome friends, followers, visitors and viewers to August.   Hope you had an enjoyable weekend with plenty of fun or plenty of relaxing moments.  If you live in Maryland, I heard about the flooding.
We thought we were  flooded with the heavy amount of rain that fell during the storm on Saturday.  The ground soaked the majority of the water up over night.  Only small traces of rain water was left on Sunday morning.
Since it has been hot, hot, hot...I've been thinking about snow.  It has to be snowing somewhere, don't you agree?  Even if it is not any place on this planet, I decided to make it snow on some water colored paper (lol):

I used Neenah white cardstock for my A2 base.  This was followed by blue Recollection cardstock and the focal area is Ranger water color paper.
To create the scene, I masked out an area for the sun and used stormy sky and blueprint sketch Distress inks at the top of the water color paper.  I left a diagonal white area below the sun to give the effect of the snow glistening in a  downward move toward the ground.  The bottom area was created with a torn mask resembling snow hills.  Still using stormy sky distress ink, I inked around the mask to achieve a shadowy effect.  After the background scene, I stamped the tree image with  Inkadinkado Tree Silhouette Wood Mounted Stamp and the penguins from Avery Elle Penguin Greetings stamp.
I used colored pencils to color the hat, vest and scarf on some of the penguins.  I used NUVO white crystal drops to create the snow ball in the hand of two of the penguins.  This inspired the sentiment...Snow much fun!

This was a card that I can truly say, I had so/snow much fun making.  It literally took me to a cooler place as well as memories of my childhood days.

Thanks for viewing.  I hope the rest of your day will be so much, if not, snow much fun.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: