Thursday, October 6, 2016

"Die Cut Inlay Card and Some Other Things"

October 6, 2016
Hello Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.   We are still watching the news and praying that all will be safe in this hurricane.  It has been stated that it is okay if you lose your material possession which can be replaced but it is another thing to lose your life.  Once you are gone from this side we can't get you back.  So, take cover and if you have to evacuate, please do so.
Warning...
This post is card heavy, so be patient.
First I worked on a card for a class I am taking...  Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 101.  He does tags and I'm doing cards.  I used a dylusions stencil from Ranger and added some medium over a distressed piece of cardstock.  I looked in my supplies and added little die cut embellishments that I had cut out with my Circut.  The focal layer was added to a piece of black Recollection cardstock and this was then added to a piece of DCWV and finally adhered to the base which is Neenah white cardstock.
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Second card:
This was inspired by three different people.  I'm a subscriber of CardMaker magazine.  Since I'm always moving stuff around to clean and organize...I looked on the back of their Spring 2013 magazine which featured a card made by  Yvonne van de Grijp.  I had all those dies she used on her card so I decided to give the die cut inlay a try.  I did and put the piece aside until another day.  When I saw this technique on Pri's website:  http://meandmydailypapercraft.blogspot.com/2016/10/die-cut-inlay-background-card.html  she mention she got it from Jennifer McGuire :  http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2016/09/inlay.html.  Jennifer has the tutorial if you are interested.  I used the Spellbinders leaf dies to do this card.The base is craft cardstock A2 size followed by a brown Recollection piece of cardstock 1/8" less than the base and what I did with the top piece...I cut it up into section and layered it on top of brown cardstock and adhered it around the sentiment that was printed on a piece of Neenah white cardstock.

It was so fun to make that I decided to use a different die to create a card for my Granddaughter. The die used is Sizzix Birch Trees by Tim Holtz.  This was done on black Recollection cardstock.  The image is free from Google.  I made a slit between one of the trees to slide the ghost behind it.  The sentiment is a cut from Design Space on the Cricut website as well as the fence.  This black layer was adhered to orange Recollection cardstock and then onto Neenah white cardstock A2 base.

 

This last card was done for the Outlawz Challenge Wednesday sketch.  Since I had worked on a card for my Granddaughter, I decided to do a second one for her and enter it on this site. I have used kraft cardstock for the A2 base and black Recollection cardstock for a layer, spider web, and house.



This last card can be seen over at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ .  I entered it for their Wednesday sketch challenge for 10-5-2016.  My gallery is Mom42Grand41.  Go and vote for me!


Whew!  I have finished sharing cards for today.  They were all made within this week but not all today. 
Thanks for viewing.  You may comment on anything you see here.
Be safe and have a fantastic day.
Sending a hug and LOVE,
Lois






No comments: