Monday, October 31, 2016

"FOIL On Holiday Cards"

Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
How was your ghoulish weekend?
We were out riding and viewing the home decorations that people had put up for Halloween .Some houses were really decked out along with yard decorations.  We don't know for sure but maybe their community was giving away rewards for the best Halloween decorations like they do for Christmas.
However, there is a lot of taking down and putting back up between Halloween and Christmas.  We're going to put that neighborhood on our list for Christmas to see who has  out-decorated-their-neighbor.

I've used some foil sheets that have the hologram effect.  I discovered this paper last week in my paper container .  The package that the sheets came in is missing so I will not be able to tell you exactly what company made them. I do know that it is not the foil you use for hot foiling.   The sheets came in different colors and I used the darker red sheet for my projects today:

entry for WAW Challenge Weeks #254-255 - Anything Goes
entry for Monday Greetings at http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/

Along with the foil sheets, I've used Neenah white cardstock (card base and layering, vellum (poinsettia) and a white metallic cardstock (ribbon border and holly die cut vine).  Martha Stewart faux pearls were used inside the flowers.
Spellbinders poinsettia die, Sizzix thinlits word script die, Our Daily Bread Design Beautiful Border die and Darice holly vine die were used on this card.

I have to add a sentiment to this card.  At the present time, I don't know what I want to put on it.  
The same dark red foil was used on this project as the first one.  It is used as a layer and for the birdcage (Tim Holtz Alterations Caged Bird Bigz die).  The bird is a Jolee's Boutique Parcel Glass Birds Clips sticker and the hollies are from Recollections Christmas Dimensional Stickers.  The card base is Neenah white cardstock.  The white top layer is a linen type paper from Paper and More .  It has been embossed using a We R Memory Keepers- Floret embossing folder.

Before my Holiday Card Series is over, I will try to use hot foiling on some of my cards.  At the moment, I haven't opened the package to experiment with it.  You will know when I present something to you, so keep watching.

Thanks for coming today.


Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois
 

No comments: