Wednesday, October 19, 2016

"Layers"

October 19,2016
Good Wednesday morning to my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.  It is another great, glorious, get out and enjoy yourself day.  That is exactly what I'm going to do as soon as I finish this post for today.  Colder weather is on its way and I like the feeling of this summertime temperatures we are having in our area of the world.
As usual, I'm trying something new again.  Now, I've used vellum and acetate before on a project but not the way I've used it today.  I was trying to bend the acetate around the card to make it look as if it was curved.  Here is the card and more explanation of it:
  • I cut out a 4 by 5 1/4 piece of watercolor paper.  I used distress inks to do some distressing and added water flicks to the panel.
  • I cut a piece of acetate paper (Hot Off The Press heat resistant) at 4.25 by 5.5.  On this piece I stamped two images of roses using Fiskars Teresa Collins clear stamps.  Using  markers, I colored the roses with reds and greens.
  • I cut a sentiment from the Heartfelt Botanic Orchid Collection paper pad and adhered it to the water colored piece.
  • Using the heat tool, I made sure the roses were dry before adding the acetate to the water colored paper.  
  • These two layers were adhered to the Recollection cardstock.  Then, those three layers were added to the green card base.
  • NUVO Copper Penny Crystal drops were added to the acetate.
***This photo does not do justice for how beautiful this card came out.  Due to the glare that the acetate was picking up and the shadows from the roses, one would think that this is a stamping mess but it isn't.


Entry for Monday Greetings at the Outlawzchallenges
This card is more in line with Fall
  • The base is a A2 size (4.25 by 5.50) cut from Recollection in a dark orange color
  • The next layer is Recollection black
  • The focal layer is from two pieces taken from DCWV The Modern Meadow Stack
  • I used a crochet oval in a burnt orange color and adhered this to the left and on top of the middle strip.  I cut out a circle from another DCWV Autumn Stack paper pad and adhered this to the middle of the crocheted piece.  This gave balance to the Jolee's Boutique sticker (squirrel).
  • The sentiment is another sticker from Crate Paper Acorn Avenue.
Thanks for joining me today.  Have a fun filled day with whatever you are doing.
Love to hear from you...leave a comment.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: