Monday, October 24, 2016

"Out Comes The Cricut For Christmas Cards"

Monday, October 24, 2016
Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.  Welcome back from your glorious weekend.  Hope you had fun and enjoyed yourself even to the point of getting a little crafting in during the process.
If you are not a crafter, then I hope your shopping, or your reading, or your gym attendance was enjoyable....you know who I'm talking about...I just didn't want to print your name in this blog.
Thanks for the prayers concerning the soreness of my throat...today, I can report that it is better.  It is amazing what warm water infused with lemon juice can do as well as throat lozenges.

I unpacked my Cricut machine and used Anna Griffin's  Winter Wonderland cartridge  to start back making Christmas card.  Every die, embossing folder, stickers and stamps were also placed in a box ready for me to get into the groove.

Here are three cards I made using the cartridge:
Images from Anna Griffin's Winter Wonderland cartridge

Supplies:
  • Neenah white cardstock for the A2 base and top focal layer
  • a stripe 1 1/2 inch wide by 5 3/8 inche of  a foiled sheet from the Paper Studio Be Bold be bright stack
  • green Recollection cardstock for the cut out images and sentiment
  • NUVO red crystal drops for the berries.


Supplies:
  • green Recollection cardstock for the A2 base
  • cream Recollection cardstock for the focal layer
  • green Recollection cardstock for the cut out images and sentiment
  • Nuvo red crystal drops for the berries


This card is a little different from the first two.  Here, I used an idea from Jennifer McGuire.  
  • I used the Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Woodlands die to emboss an imprint into a piece of cardstock green Recollection cardstock 4 by 5 1/4.
  • I rubbed copper Perfect Pearls and white pigment ink over, into and on top of the raised area.
  • The sentiment was stamped with the white pigment ink using a Hampton Art Christmas clear stamp set.
  • a piece of white ribbon was attached to the top of the tree
  • white crystal NUVO drops were added to the tree
  • This top layer was adhered to a piece of foiled paper from the Paper Studio Be Bold be bright which measure 5 3/8 by 4 1/8  and then to the Neenah white card base A2 size.
From now on, the majority of my cards will focus on Christmas.
I hope you enjoyed your view for today.  
If you haven't used your Cricut or another cutting machine. pull it out, dust it off, and find something to cut.
Looking forward to seeing your creation.
Leave a comment because I love hearing from you.

No comments: