Tuesday, October 4, 2016

"World Card Making Day"

It's October 4, 2016 and I would like to say hello to my viewers, followers, visitors and friends.
On this past weekend many of you played along with making cards for world card making day.  I did also but I don't post on the weekend.
I had some free morning time and what started out as a "get your craft room organized" morning...it ended up being "I see something that I want to do something with" type of morning.
This project didn't take long.  I always have card bases ready for the time I want to do something with them.  I chose a burgundy Recollection card base to match the flowers I was going to use.
I'm getting together a box of "I don't want these anymore" scrap supplies and pieces for a good home and while going through my box of flowers I found some flower stickers.  All I had to do was to remove them from the package and stick them onto some paper.
I had just observed a card made by one of my craft friends in which she use a one inch strip across her card for the sentiment to separate the flowers on the top from the ones at the bottom  (she stamped her flowers using the Altenew peony stamp set.  So taking a cue from her design, I used a Recollection black piece (one inch) of cardstock  strip across a piece of white American Craft cardstock that measured 4 1/8  x 5 3/8.  I strategically placed the puffed flower stickers around the strip on the top and on the bottom.  My watercolor pad was nearby so I placed a few drops of water on my mat and filled the brush with black watercolor ink (it appeared gray once it dried).  I spritz it on the top of the white panel.  The cardbase and the panel were adhered together and this is the results of my Saturday morning work.  So I did participate in the world card making day...I just decided to post what I made today.  Enjoy your view:

This will be entered in
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Anything Goes - Challenge Weeks #250-251
As always, thanks for coming and taking a little time to view with me today.  Your comments are always welcome.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: