Wednesday, November 2, 2016

"PLAID Pleasing Holiday Cards"

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Hello to "hump day"  crafters, visitors and viewers.
 I'm assuming you had a great time Monday night with the Halloween tricksters.  I hope you didn't eat as much candy as the kids did.  Talking with some adults on yesterday, they admitted that they had the "jitters" and was hyper due to eating too much candy.
I'm still working on holiday cards and I am trying to come up with different ideas for my cards.  I'm looking at my paper pads and trying to blend different patterns together to see what is pleasing to the eye.  My pleasure for today was using plaids.
Here, take a look for yourself and see what you think about my selections of paper:
Neenah white cardstock for A2 base
black Recollection cardstock for layering 1/8 inch less than base
top plaid DP from My Mind's Eye Comfort and Joy paper pad
bottom plaid DP from Recollection  Christmas Noel paper pad.
peace bird cut with Cricut
sentiment was stamped in Hampton Arts black pigment ink using a Hero Arts  Christmas stamp set
faux Recollection gems
sprigs punched out on green Recollection cardstock using a Martha Stewart punch 
entry for WordArtWednesday  Challenge Weeks #254-255 - Anything Goes

Neenah white cardstock for A2 base, flower, sentiment and  one of the layers across the middle 
 Recollection paper from Christmas Noel paper pad for both plaid pieces 
red Bazzil cardstock  
die cut is from die-namites flowers and leaves
three flowers were some from my stash
sentiment was stamped with black Hampton Art pigment ink using a Hero Arts Christmas stamp set
an Avery Elle border die was used on the bottom of the red and white band


Neenah white cardstock for A2 base
black Recollection cardstock for layering
Design Paper from Recollection Christmas paper pad and from My Mind's Eye paper pad
Glad Tidings wreath from K & Company Christmas ephemera
red Offray ribbon

How do you like the plaid that I used?  Was it a little too much on the eyes or was it just right?

Thanks for viewing and as always I enjoy your visit.
 

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois






No comments: