Monday, December 12, 2016

"Fly....As In Butterfly"






Monday, December 12, 2016

Hello friends, visitors, followers and viewers.
Welcome to Monday.  We are glad to be back with you today.  Hope you had a lovely, relaxing, or fun filled weekend.

I got a little "inky" playing around with distress ink and embossing powder.  I had a stamp set that I picked up about two months ago and decided to "crack open" that package to see what I could do.
I love butterflies and I had flying on my mind when I was looking through my supplies.
A school friend of mine has to make a trip home from Hawaii because his sister died on Friday.   My daughter will be flying home from Florida for Christmas...you never know, I may be flying somewhere when it gets really, really cold and I need some warmth...stay with me to see if it will happen.

Let me tell you of some of the steps I  used for the first "fly" card:

  • on watercolor paper...I blended some wild honey, dried marigold and broken china distress inks together.
  • After some drying time, I stamped butterflies from the Vintologie (Hampton Art) "stamp & stencil"  butterflies stamps and the word "fly" using VersaMark watermark stamp pad and the Misti stamping tool
  • I used clear embossing powder and the heat tool to emboss the butterflies and sentiment
  • I covered the entire card with tea dye distress ink ...this brought out the butterflies in all their beauty.


 The second "fly" card was made using the following method:

  • I used a regular black piece of Recollection cardstock and the Misti Stamping Tool to stamp a large butterfly from Inkadinkado "mindscapes" clear stamps, two of the smaller butterflies and the word "fly" from the Hampton Art Vintologie stamp set using VersaMark watermark stamp pad
  • Ranger "silver embossing powder" and the heat tool was used to bring the images to life
  • Nuvo crystal drops in gloss white was used to add white drops onto the focal area



I'm still getting inky...Tune in later this week to see what I'm doing.

Thanks for stopping by today.  
Come back again...look around ....leave a message so I know you visited.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: