Monday, December 19, 2016

"Sharing With Friends"

Monday, December 19, 2016

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
This is a busy time of the year for so many people... the hustle and bustle of preparing for the holiday.  Yes, your tree is up.  The lights are hung.  The music is playing in the background...but wait...all of that was done the week during and after Thanksgiving.  Why are we so busy and feel that time is running out and you won't get everything done?
I have been prepared since last December (lol) .  Since my girls are grown and gone...we don't do all the decorations and the shopping we were accustomed to doing when they were home.  Yes, there is a grandchild, but she doesn't visit until after the holiday is over.  This year we are going to visit her on Christmas day.
I talked with several people at church yesterday.  We talked about the upcoming holiday and what their plans were for this time of the year.  Many of the older people just want to be at home to receive family while some of the younger generation want to be away sharing with friends.  One group of teens had already boarded a tour bus to spend the holiday in Florida  while others are driving north on Wednesday to do the same.
All in all, life is sweeter when shared with friends and family.  Here is the card that prompted this blog post for today:
While I was playing with some distress inks last week, I did the background for this card and set it aside (at the time I was not sure what I would use it for).  I came back to it this morning to stamp something on it for my post today.  
Stamps used:  Sentiment (from Hero Arts CL351)  Hummingbird ( from Inkadinkado "mindscapes") and the border on the right (from Recollections "crochet lace")
Five faux gems were added.  The focal layer was added to a piece  of black Recollections cardstock which was then added to the coral Recollections cardstock base.
This will be added to my collection for 2017  (cards to use when the time arrive).

Caution:  I may do like I did last week...pop in every now and then from now until the New Year.  I'm not "holiday" busy but I am sharing in helping others during this time of year.  
I hope and pray that this season of joy will be spreaded toward you and your famiy.  
May God continue to bless you now and well into the New Year!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: