Friday, January 13, 2017

"Illustrated Faith/ Bible Journaling"

Friday, January 13, 2017
Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.   Another "Friday the 13th".  What is it to be afraid of? Every since I was small and still today, people get anxious over the 13th falling on a Friday.  I've never experienced anything unusual happening on a Friday in which the 13th is attached.  What about you?
My question for you today is:  Are you illustrating your faith or are you involved in bible journaling or scripture journaling?
I have been making cards for quite some time now and the most touching and meaningful ones are the ones I make with a scripture reference or biblical quote.
Now, there are people in the "blogging land" who do not care for cards of this nature....it's okay with me...I don't specifically craft for you....I'm doing it to please God (period).
One of the things that I want to do more of during 2017 is to focus more on the "WORD" and its meaning.  I have been reading and teaching the bible for twenty-nine years.  I have been scribbling little pictures on pieces of paper while sitting and listening to a sermon. I've used pictures in a Powerpoint presentation to illustrate the lesson for others... I have never journal about this in all of the twenty-nine years...but....it is going to change this year.   I  will share when the time comes of some of the things I will be working on...
Today is a card that I will be saving for a journaling lesson (Romans 12:12):

Supplies I used:
Neenah white cardstock; Recollections black cardstock; blue and white polka dot paper from Colorbok;  a Heidi Swapp tag; a Recollections clear stamp set on faith; bling stickers; die cut of Tim Holtz butterfly.

Thanks for viewing.  Let's journal our faith and be proud of it.   God keeps us going so why not give HIM the praise.
Your comments are always, always welcome!

Sending you a hug and Christian LOVE,
Lois

No comments: