Monday, January 30, 2017

"Look What Started Out As An Accident"

Monday, January 30, 2017

Good Day to you my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.  
We are back from a lovely weekend.  Did you have a great time...I did...  I did enter some stores on Saturday and only bought some Archival ink pads during my full day of shopping.  See, I told you I can go into a store, walk around, try on clothing and shoes with a lot of restraint (a measure or condition that keeps someone or something under control or within limits) and come out smiling.  The smile was not due to buying the ink (lol)...I really needed the pads especially the black one.

Let me tell you about how I made a card that started out as an accident.
Last week, if you notice all the cards that I posted had something to do with some type of mix media.  I had  some paper that I had cut out for other projects on my desk.  I  opened a bottle of gesso for something else and some of it got on my paper.  I tried to remove it with a paper towel knowing that it was ruin....so I pushed the paper aside and continued what I was doing.
 Looking at that piece of paper with the dried gesso gave me an idea....why not use this in a project and write about the "accident" . So, I added some cardstock, die cuts, flowers and a sticker to complete the "accident" for your viewing today:




















I went into my stash to find cardstock that would match the "accidental" focal layer.
Items used:

  • red foil cardstock for the Sizzix  brick wall cut out , the Spellbinders Romantic Vines cut outs and the layering under the blue and red polka dot "accidental" layer.
  • a piece of DCWV dark blue shimmer cardstock
  • Neenah white cardstock
  • Prima flowers
  •  Recollections sticker
Let your ugly accidents become beautiful creations to share with others and tell us how they started out as accidents.   I did because I know there are people out there who think that making cards or any projects are so easy without difficulty and they are not.  Yes, I've said many times... it's only paper... if I make a mistake, I can always put it in the trash and start over.  Today, I didn't.  I used that mistake to make the most out of it.

Thank you so much for visiting and for commenting if you choose to do so.  Until the next time...

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: