Friday, February 17, 2017

"TAG-ALONG With Me...day #5 finale"

Friday, February 17, 2017

Hello to all my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
It is finally here!!!...FRIDAY.
Are you looking forward to a great, fantastic weekend?
Our weather will be just a little warmer this weekend than what we have had during the week.  I can still hear the message of the older generation saying..."it may feel like spring or summer, but it is still winter...pneumonia and flu time.
It is also the finale for this "tag-along" week with me.  I've had some fun trying to come up with some ideas for inspiration and viewing.  I've read your comments and saw your likes and resharing...thank you so much.

Today,  we will follow along with the National Calendar and observe

NATIONAL RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS DAY

It is a favorite day for many, as people everywhere are enjoying doing these acts of kindness.  Not only is it positive for the receiver, but for the giver, too! 
   
http://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/2017/02/16/february-17-2017-national-random-acts-of-kindness-day-national-cabbage-day-national-caregivers-day/


“Kind words and actions can seem so small, but their effects are truly endless.” (Author Unknown)

Here is the tag/card I made. 
 When you read the sentiment on this card, think about how it correspond with this day of observance.  Sometimes we look at  people  and assume something bad about them (which is NOT true at all) and will not show them kindness in any form. 

entry for word art wednesday
Challenge Weeks #270-271 - Anything Goes

I used Julie Nutting's "Rita" doll stamp.  It comes close to being a little over 7" tall, therefore I had to custom make this tag out of cardstock.  The background was made with distress inks and stencils.  I took a white Martha Stewart doily and distressed it to match my background.  I added a Michaels butterfly and white NUVO crystal drops.  A piece of ribbon was added to the top of the tag before I added a layer of dark orange Recollections cardstock.  The last stage was adding the layered tag to some craft cardstock. The full card is  8.5  x 5.5.



Thanks so much for viewing with me today.  Do something nice for someone today (someone who will not expect it of you).  Stay warm and have fun this weekend.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: