Wednesday, February 22, 2017

"You're Looking A Little Rugged Around The Ends"

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Hello To All!
Happy "hump" day to you!    It may not feel like the middle of the week for those whose first day back to work was on Tuesday.  However, we may have started the work week on yesterday, today still tells us that we don't have as many days to work before we relax again.

 Are you a little wet with rain?  We are but it is okay.  It will not be a heavy downpour...just enough to settle some of the dust from yesterday.

How many of you like the "rugged look"?...or...What's in your eye candy?
I'm an "old country girl".  The rugged look has always been my favorite.  I love for my DH to be rugged...(a rugged man is a man who is good with his hands, he can build, fix or mend just about anything, he’s usually covered in sweat or dirt and he’s usually doing something outside).  If he goes a couple of days without shaving, that five-o'clock shadow is overgrown...but I like to look at it ...not really satisfied with it rubbing against my skin.  Where his wardrobe is concerned, versatility reigns supreme. There are no frills or embellishments, no materials that can’t take a beating, nothing so tight it’s restrictive and nothing so baggy it’s cumbersome.

I tried the rugged look today with my card:
I started with a piece of torn cardstock where I exposed some of the ridges.  I lightly colored the cardboard with Ranger distress inks. 
Using the Sizzix wildflowers die and Ranger watercolor paper, I cut out three of the flowers to use for this project.
I used the QuicKutz antique doily die to cut out a doily.  This was cut in half .
I glued the flowers and the doily to the cardboard and then cut out a band in craft cardstock and layered a piece of black polka dot cardstock over it.  This was placed over the flowers and the doily.
The cardboard base was layered on top of a piece of black Recollections cardstock and those layers were adhered to a piece of Canvas Corp "black French script printed burlap" before ending up on the kraft cardstock card base.
Using Tim Holtz's Stampers Anonymous stamps/stencil, I stamped the word "Love" to a piece of cardstock and then used one of Nellie's multi frame's to cut it out.  Three sequin butterflies were added to this project.


items used in this project

If you don't like the rugged look on your man, then, try it on a card.
Thanks for viewing.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: