Thursday, March 23, 2017

" Will We See The Cherry Blossoms In DC"

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Hello followers, visitors, viewers and friends.
Push through today and Friday and then you can have some fun.  I know you can and I know you will.
While we were having those warm days when the calendar was still saying winter on the East Coast, a lot of trees and flowers started budding and blooming. 
I'm not that far from Washington, DC.  The news reporters  kept reporting that the cherry blossom trees were blooming earlier than usual around the end of February. However, we've had snow and cold weather in the last weeks that had some effect on the blossoms that were on the trees and those that were beginning to form.   
The National Cherry Blossom Festival, an annual springtime celebration, attracts visitors from all over the world to Washington, D.C.  The Festival runs March 15 through April 16.  You can imagine the number of people who are on Spring Break attending this Festival and having a marvelous time visiting other areas around the White House. 
My card today reflects this occasion and the report of the cold weather not really keeping the blooms from blossoming or the people from visiting.
To make this card I:
1. Use a Ranger Craft Tag to do my coloring on.  I used various colors of Distress inks to color my background along with a stencil (cracked pistachio, scattered straw, stormy sky, peeled paint and twisted citron).
2.  I cut out the Cherry Blossom from the Spellbinders die using craft paper and scrap cardstock.
3. I added the liquid pearl to the center of each flower (pink).
4. The bird was added to the branch.  The bird is a patch I had in my file from years ago.
5. The sentiment which were words I typed and printed using my computer and printer.  Each one was cut out and placed on the tag.  The tag was layered on top of a brown Recollections piece of cardstock.
6.  I cut out a piece of DCWV "the Far East" cardstock paper to fit the length and width of the tag. This was also layered with a piece of brown Recollections piece of cardstock.
7. I used a Neenah white sheet of cardstock to make the card base.
Ranger liquid pearls

Ranger Distress inks

Spellbinders Cherry Blossoms die
 Thanks once again for viewing with me today.  If you get a chance before the April 16 and don't live that far from Washington, DC, visit the Cherry Blossom Festival. You could also visit the other attractions in this area .  There are various places of interest.

Come again.  I enjoy your visitation.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: