Tuesday, April 4, 2017

"A Share And A Sketch"

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
It is getting warm and stormy.   Spring time is a pretty time of the year.  The weather starts to get a little warmer.  The flowers start blooming.  The trees are budding.  The pollen is falling.  What's not to like about spring.  Personally, as a allergy sufferer, this time of year can wreck havoc on your health but for me, that is taken care of so I can enjoy the season.  The warm air meeting with the cold air and creating thunderstorms, tornadoes and flooding with lives being lost is not so great.  I don't rule the world so I have to accept what the Creator of the universe is sending...it may be a message and a lesson to be learned.

C rafters, we get inspiration from many different places.  When we get into a slump, where does that inspiration come from?  Maybe from other crafters, YouTube, Pinterest, sketch challenges or you come up with your own idea.
I was looking through items such as paper pads that I had not used in a while.  I was so focused on the red-ish or rust looking color.  With blues, yellows, greens, pink, etc. that I was flipping through...this  color seemed to be calling me to use it.  I pulled out some combinations and then went in for more inspiration by checking out MojoMonday.  I did this first card and thought it would be enough but the sketch was challenging since it was a contest and I wanted to "Enter To Win".  Yes, that's the way I'm feeling.
Here are the cards I did:

This will be entered at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

On the "enjoy the day" card I used papers from Prima "Tales of You & Me" and from Our Daily Bread Design "Blooming Garden Collection along with Recollections black and rust cardstock.  The design is what I had in mind.




Entry for MojoMonday #491
This card "Some Bunny Loves You!, follows the sketch pattern offered at http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com.  It is Mojo 491 Contest.  While designing this card from the sketch, my granddaughter was in the front of my mind.  She will get this card sometimes this week.  It is going postal today.
I used paper from my stash (they were already paper clipped together, probably for a card I had anticipated on making but never did).  I used my computer and printer to type and print out the sentiment to go with this cute little rub- on sticker (a packet that I bought for my granddaughter).

Hope you have enjoyed the view.  Come again to see where my inspiration comes from.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: