Wednesday, April 19, 2017

"DCWV Brooklyn Stack and Hipster Stamp"

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.  Happy Wednesday to you.  We made it to "hump "day.  Now, let's see if we can continue with the love until the weekend. 
Recently I posted that during the month of April I have a lot of male members of my family with birthdays.  My DH just celebrated his on the 17th.  We were so busy with a lot of things to  do on Monday, I forgot to say anything about his birthday. 
Other than my husband, within these next few days left in April, there are three more birthdays to celebrate.  This card I'm showing you today is really for a "hipster" in his life style (a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream).

Enabler's List:
  • black Recollection cardstock for the card base cut at 5 1/2  x 5 1/2
  • DCWV Brooklyn Stack cut at 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 layered on top of the black cardstock
  • cut another piece of the DCWV Brooklyn Stack (red strips) at 2 x 4 1/2.  Adhere to black cardstock and then to the triangle panel.
  • Using black ink, stamp image onto white cardstock; color with American Crafts (or any other) colored pencils.  Adhere to red cardstock and then adhere to black cardstock.
  • Using the Our Daily Bread Design stitched rectangle die, cut out a frame to fit around the colored image
  • use computer and printer for my own sentiment ...printed on white cardstock and adhered to black cardstock.  I turned the ends up to make the sentiment "hipster-like".
  • there are two versions of this card....one without the shades and one with (I will decide which one I will send and keep the other for the non-hipster next week.


Items used
DCWV Brooklyn Stack printed cardstock
Our Daily Bread Designs Double Stitched Rectangles
Tim Holtz Hipster stamp set
I hope you enjoyed your view today.
Come back again and see my latest creation.
Your comment(s) are always welcome.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: