Thursday, April 13, 2017

"Short And Sweet...Just For You"

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Hello!
It is a great start of the day at this moment.  It's going to be a busy one for me with the pleasant weather outside.  I'll be out and about.  What about you?  Will you be in stuck behind the work desk?  Will you be traveling for the long weekend and you're leaving today?  Let's make the best of it whatever you and I are doing.
Due to my busy schedule for today, I'm giving you something short and sweet (myself included).
I pulled out this paper pad from Paper House (Field Study). I wanted to do a mixed media type of card but changed my mind due to the time restraint.  So, I used three sheets of the paper, an image from the pad (it was actually on one of the sheets of paper) and some words from the sentiment sheet to put this card together.
The sketch is an old one that I had used before.
  • I started with a 5 x 12 piece of cardstock scored in half.  This will give you a 6 x 5 card base.
 *You may cut your base any size that you choose.
  • Next, I measured 2 1/2" from the bottom and cut that piece off and place it aside (you will use it again).
  • I measured 1" from the cut line and cut this piece off.  *You will not need this piece for the project. You can save it for something later (sentiment if needed).
  • Measure and cut out a piece of designer paper for the top fold piece and the piece you set aside.  The designer paper should be 1/8 " less than the base piece.  I use two different pieces...one for the top (diamond pattern) and one for the bottom (bronze mixed with green).
  • The third piece of designer paper was cut @ 4 3/4" x 2 3/4" and layered on top of a black piece of cardstock.  This piece will join the top and the bottom piece for a full card.  There will be an opening for an image or for your sentiment where the 1" piece was cut out.
Here are pictures of the card.  Take a look and then come back to read the directions again:
Card showing the cut out from the front

Card  is place flat to show the sentiment and a better look at the 1 inched cut from center.

View of card from the side.  You can see how the third piece of paper/cardstock was attached.

Thanks for you viewing time today.  We have one more to see on tomorrow.  Come and view with me.  I enjoy your company!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois




No comments: