Wednesday, April 12, 2017

"Time To Celebrate"

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.  We've made it to the middle of the week again.  Are you happy about it.  Sure you are.  Two more days before the weekend begins...four more days before Easter Sunday...four more weeks before Mother's Day...you're happy and I can feel it.

Time to Celebrate...you decide on what you want to celebrate.  Here are some choices : birthday, anniversary, Easter, Mother's Day, job promotion, a new baby/child, etc.  Whatever you choose, celebrate and have a good time at doing it.  I imagine since we are so close to this Sunday, many of you thought about celebrating Easter.  If you are thinking a little bit far ahead in the future, you'll be celebrating Mother's Day.  Maybe today, next week or a month from now you will be celebrating your birthday....just have fun.
My card for today:
entry for WordArtWednesday
Challenge #278-279 - Anything Goes
I gathered some paper from Recollections Mixed Media paper pad and mixed it with a strip from DCWV The Old World Stack.  
I used the Spellbinders Gothic Strip die on the DCWV green piece and placed a pinkish piece behind the cut out.  These two pieces were adhered together and then placed on top of the beige (Mixed Media paper).  
I began to cut out flowers from the different dies (Tonic Studio "Beautiful blooms-Sweet Melia"; Sizzix "Garden Greens";  and Spellbinders "Marisa's Bouquet" using the Big Shot machine.  These flowers were placed along the green strip. 
Next, I used the Darice dress form embossing folder and fussy cut out one of the form and left it in the cardstock color (white).  I added some knitting yarn around the waist to look like a belt.  I added half of a flower at the top of the dress form for a hat.
At first I stamped out "Happy Mother's Day from Julie Nutting's "Mama's Day" but decide I'll use that for a later time.  Since Sunday is Easter, it reminded me of my younger days when we would get those pretty outfits for Easter because this was a "special" day.  All the older ladies would get those hats (Easter bonnets) and parade around at church on Easter Sunday.  Memories... (lol).
I thought about birthdays and any other occasions and the sentiment from Penny Black's "heartfelt thanks" stood out the most (Time To Celebrate).
To finish this card, I added the black and pink layer of cardstock to the focal layer and finish with the white card base.

same card with different lens
Pictures of items used to make this card:

Darice Embossing folder

stamp set used

dies for flowers and insert

paper pads used along with Neenah white cardstock, Recollections black and tan cardstock 
Your time is very important and I'm glad you used some of it to view my page today.  Please come again because I enjoy your company and comments.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: