Thursday, May 11, 2017

"A Great Look From Tissue Paper"

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers. 
I experimented with "tissue paper".  The kind that you really suppose to use in the box or bag when you're wrapping a gift.
Well, I saw a video where Jennifer McGuire was using the kind that leaves color behind once you put it down, let it dry and remove it.
I had to test out my tissue paper, hoping it would do the same....no, it didn't.   Did that stop me?  No, it didn't.
  • I looked at my art supplies and pulled out the bottle of gesso.  I applied some to a piece of Neenah white cardstock,  crumble or squashed  some light blue tissue paper to it and waited for it to dry.
  • I used another piece of Neenah white cardstock , applied yellow gelato ink in the center with a blending brush and blue gelato ink around the yellow.  With the blue, I used a crumble piece of tissue paper to make the blue appear as if it had texture....pretty, pretty, pretty! 
  • The gelato piece was cut down smaller than the tissue piece and placed on top of it.  I wanted the tissue piece to show (it has texture).
  • I stamped a flower on top of the gelato piece using the Penny Black blooming garden stamp set.
  • I used a red and black Crayola marker to color the flower. 
  • From K & Company empherma, I used one of the small dragonflies to adhere to the card. 
  • The word "hello" was on the desk, so I adhered that to this card also. 
  • Various pieces of cardstock that coordinated with the finish piece were layered to the back of it before finally adding the card base.

Entry for Challenge #282-283 - Anything Goes at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Some of the items used in making this card:
Penny Black blooming garden stamp set
K & Company empherma containing dragonflies
tissue paper for gift bags and boxes
gelatos



Thanks for spending a little time with me today.  Your comments are always welcome.  Please come again.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: