Tuesday, May 9, 2017

"Amazing Grace"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers on this Tuesday, May 9, 2017.
Just a reminder if you didn't remember,  Sunday is Mother's Day.  If your mom is still here with you, get her something nice or take her to a "good" place to have a nice dinner. 
I no longer have my mom to celebrate with...but, I still have the memories.

My card for today has a ballerina, a small piece of music and a background made by using the cork, gesso and distress crayons.

I must confess that the cork sheet which comes in 12 x 12 was cut down to different sizes  and applied with gesso last week.  The gesso pieces were saved and has been used for several projects. The piece today, was the the last piece in my stash. Therefore, since it turned out so well (almost like a canvas), I'm going to take another sheet today and apply gesso so it can be drying for other projects in the future.
 

  • here is the card 
  • I could not decide on which image to use... ballerina left as a silhouette and the other one with clothes.  I like the plain silhouette better...what do you think?
  • This was be added to http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com     Challenge #280-281 - Anything Goes



  •  a piece of DCWV cork was cut to size, applied with gesso to cover the pattern and to make it easier to color.  Using different distress crayons, color was applied to the gesso piece of cork.


  •  once I was satisfied with the distress coloring, I used a Teresa Collins "Life Emporium" sheet to apply the images onto the canvas. 
  • I found the sheet music from Google and reduced the size using my word processing program and my printer.  The edges were torn and black archival ink was used on the edges.
  • The musical stave (Amy Design) was cut using dark brown cardstock and my die cutting machine.  It was placed over the music sheet.
  • The ballerina was placed to the left of the music sheet.


  • The canvas piece was layer on top of Recollections black cardstock followed by a piece of DCWV Stack 7 designer paper.

Thanks for looking today.  I hope you enjoy the view.  Come again!  Your presence and comments are always welcome.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: