Thursday, May 25, 2017

"Decoupage"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
We have bright sunshine with rain in the forecast for this afternoon. 
We must be going through a rainy season because it appears we have experience this type of weather all week long.  I can't keep being a "shut-in".  I must go out to explore my neighborhood (lol).  The view from my window is getting boring.
Well, at least, while not looking outside, I'm cutting, applying glue and making something in my spare crafting time.
Today, I've pulled out "The Little Book Of The Orient by Hunky-dory and made a card using two of the pages.
The technique they use on Create and Craft is called Decoupage.  You take one sheet and cut out layers from another sheet or images from another sheet and adhere them together using foam pads or tape.
Here is my project for today:
 

Here you have two views of the same card.  I tried to show the layers of the flowers (decoupage).
It will be entered at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com  for Challenge #284-285 - Anything Goes

Here are some of the supplies used to make this card.
  • I started with two of the same image sheets out of "The Little Book of The Orient by Hunky-dory. 
  • I used Penny Black's border edger's die on one of the pages.
  • I replaced the cut out part with a piece of paper from Recollections Bright and Basic pad.
  • I cut four of the flowers from the second sheet and layered them on top of the flowers on the first sheet using foam tape
  • Using ODBD stitched circle die, I cut around the sentiment that came from Colorbok Inspiration Vellum pad (no longer sold).  This was applied to the bottom of the card.
The longest part was cutting out the extra flowers.  Other than that, I could call this a simple card to make.
I enjoy hearing from you as well as knowing that you viewed this page today.

Go forth and have some fun.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: