Wednesday, May 17, 2017

"Distress Oxide + Stencil + Water"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Happy, happy Wednesday, May 17, 2017 to you. 
We're in the middle of the week.  Some of us, as usual cannot wait until the weekend.  I know because that was the feeling I had when I was working.  Believe me, sometimes I feel that way now just working for myself (lol).
The three things, according to "National Day Calendar", to celebrate for today are:  MAY 17, 2017 – NATIONAL CHERRY COBBLER DAY | NATIONAL PACK RAT DAY | NATIONAL WALNUT DAY.  
I can identify with all three.  I love cherry cobbler and walnuts.  I could make one and put some walnuts in it for today but would probably just look at it since my glucose has been up and down for the past week.  I don't want to end up in "emergency care" from eating  this.
Pack Rat, I'm not!  I have to keep a balance all around me.  When things start flowing over, I start getting rid of the excess.  My goal for this week (something I do every spring) is to get rid of some things out of my closet and donate them to the Salvation Army or Good Will.  The boxes have been collected and now all I have to do is to fill them up.

The card I made today will go in my file for a time when I  or someone else need to give it away.
Enabler's List:
  • cardstock...Neenah white, black Recollections, Bright and Basic Recollections paper pad, and Strathmore watercolor paper
  • inks...black Ranger archival ink and Distress Oxide (worn lipstick, fossilized amber, spiced marmalade)
  • stencil from Art C...interlock squares
  • die...Tonic Studio "Sweet Melia Beautiful Blooms
  • embellishments...NUVO red berry crystal drops and Recollections paper flowers
  • Recollections clear stamp 
Process:
For the focal area, I used the watercolor paper.  I applied the Distress oxide from top to bottom in the following order, blending one into the other...fossilized amber, worn lipstick , fossilized amber, spiced marmalade.
The Art C stencil was placed on top of the distressed piece.  I used a wet paper towel to dab over the stencil in certain areas. The wet towel removed some of the distress oxide in those areas. 
Next, the Tonic Studio die (three flowers taped together) were used to cut out areas to highlight the paper flowers as leaves.  The flowers were adhered to those cut-outs.
Using the Recollections clear stamp, I stamped a sentiment onto the card using Ranger black archival ink.  The very last thing (before adding the focal image to other layers of cardstock) was adding three NUVO crystal drops.
 
This card will be submitted to http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com






    

Challenge #282-283 - Anything Goes















  
 Strathmore Watercolor paper, Distress Oxide inks, Art C Interlocking Squares
Tonic Studio Sweet Melia Beautiful Blooms die, Recollections clear stamp, Ranger archival ink NUVO red berry crystal drops and Recollections paper flowers.

Go forth and be creative or do something nice for someone else.  Don't forget to give yourself some LOVE in the process.
I always love to hear from you....if you're out there and have been just looking, let me know if you like what you see.  Sometimes you just have to step from behind the curtain and let someone know that you are here.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

 

No comments: