Friday, May 5, 2017

"I'm Thinking Of You"

Good Friday, Cinco De Mayo 2017 Everyone,

Weekend ready, here I come.  This has been a fast pace week doing a lot of things and forgetting about the time and/or day.  It was enjoyable!  How was your week and what plans do you have for this relaxing weekend?

On this Friday I created a card with three things in mind:
  1. To use items in my stash.
  2. To continue the mix media theme I had been using all week
  3. I'm thinking about you and used this card for someone (male) in the future who may be doing the same thing.

The background tag was done a couple of weeks ago.  I used a combination of distress oxide, distress inks and gelato inks just to see what they would look like together.  I used an old toothbrush to apply gesso to the top of the tag (imitate the look of clouds). 

I pulled out a die cut of a building from my die cuts bag.  I remember doing this  from a piece of water color cardstock that I didn't like.  I had used the Paper Smooches die to see what it would look like using different colors.  This morning, I did use this die to cut out the building in brown cardstock to layer as a shadow.

The male silhouette came from my die stash bag.  It was originally cut from the Cricut Suburbia a couple of weeks ago when I was doing the Cricut projects.  This was saved from those projects.

The car has been in this stash bag for a long time.  I want to say it came from Pinterest (but I'm not so sure) when I was doing Father's Day cards about two years ago.  I never threw it away because my DH is into old cards and I thought eventually I would make him something using this "OLD  CLASSIC".

I adhered the building to the tag, placed the car at the bottom of the tag, and added another piece of cardstock behind the tag so I would have a place to put the silhouette.  Searching through my bag of sentiments, I found this one that would appear as if the male is thinking about someone in the city or while he is in the city, thinking of someone in another place. 
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com



Thanks again for visiting and please come again.
Enjoy your wonderful weekend and don't forget I'm Thinking Of You.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: