Wednesday, May 3, 2017

"Isn't She Lovely"

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Hello Everyone who is viewing, visiting or following today.
I have been so busy for the last two days that I just can't believe it is the middle of the week.  "Hump" day as it is called.  Since I feel a little mixed up, maybe I should go along with National two different shoes day.  I'm spending most of my day at home today so no one will see my feet (lol).

I even went with a little mixed up on the card I made today.  I used a combination of  items.

Supplies used:
  • cardstock: Neenah white; Recollections black; DCWV The Cork Stack; Scrapbook & Collage papers The European Collection
  • Distress Crayons #1 and Hampton Art black dye ink
  • Walmart stencils
  • gesso
  • Julie Nutting's "Swing Dress" prima doll
  • Recollections pink petite paper flowers
  • Momenta metal stickers
  • Sizzix garden greens die
  • inspire by Spellbinders blossom fan die
  • Scotch foam tape and perfect paper crafting tool
  • Big Shot Machine
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Challenge #280-281 - Anything Goes

I used a piece of cork from DCWV as my canvas.  I covered it with Gesso and used the palette knife to add texture.
When it was dry, I used all the colors from the Distress Crayons #1 pack.
For layering next to the card base I used a paper from Scrapbook & Collage The European Collection

The perfect paper crafting tool was used to make sure all the edges were 1/8 inch on all four sides.  Foam tape was added to the back of the prima doll to lift her up off the canvas.  The Walmart stencil was used at the bottom of the canvas with Hampton Art black dye ink.

I cut out a tree branch by using a piece of brown paper and scissors.  I added the Recollections pink petite flowers to the branch.  The blossom fan was placed behind the Prima doll and the garden greens were cut using the Big Shot Machine.  They were placed at the corner of her dress.  The word "LOVELY" was placed behind the Momenta Metal sticker and placed under the branch.
It may look like a lot to do, but I had fun creating this card.
I hope you enjoyed the view today and will come again.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: