Monday, May 15, 2017

"She Blooms"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
I'm so happy to report that my Mother's Day was very, very special and enjoyable.  Did you (mothers, aunts, grandmothers, people who step in as mothers) enjoy your day?  I hope you did.
I promised some people  that I would be posting their gift items before the week is out.  Stay tune so I can share them with you also.
I have a rose bush outside my kitchen window that blooms every year especially for Mother's Day. This year due to the warm temperatures in March and April, it bloomed very early (three weeks before Mother's Day).  It was a piece off a bush my mother had in her yard.  When she was no longer with us, my husband and I went to the old home place and we dug up a little piece and brought it home.  Each year, this bush (because that is exactly what it is) produces close to a hundred of roses.
Last week we had a lot of rain and the temperature dropped drastically and the bush lost a lot of its lush and beauty. 
Because I got a piece from the one my mother planted, it reminds me each year of how she (my mom) is still blooming in my life.  So the card I'm sharing is a reflection of her and the rose bush.

Supplies used:
  • Paper from Recollections and Bella Blvd illustrated Faith
  • Recollections white roses
  • sequins and white NUVO crystal drops

entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com   Challenge #282-283 - Anything Goes
and

rose bush outside my window

Thanks for viewing with me today.  Come again.  I love when you visit.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: