Thursday, May 18, 2017

"Throw Back Thursday"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers on this beautiful Thursday.
One more and the weekend will be here.

Throw Back Thursday:
I'm not sharing any pictures of myself from the early days of my life.  Sorry about that.  What I'm sharing today is a craft that I did years and years ago.  Wreath making.  I really had not made a wreath in such a long time. My throw back is going back to a craft that I once did.

The last visit I made to Michael's prompted my husband in asking me to  make a wreath for our front doors.  Since they are double doors, I picked up a very huge grapevine wreath thinking I'll just do one and hang it in the middle of the two doors.  When we returned home with the wreath, I forgot that the storm doors we had recently had installed were two individual doors and the one wreath would not do. The center of the storm doors would be blocking the wreath if we hung it in the middle.
So, what was I to do?
We went back to Michael's, about a month later (two weeks ago),  got two medium size wreaths and yesterday I worked on completing my project.

Here is my recent wreath making project:
This is not where they will hang.  I put them on the opening to this hallway entry so I could take a photo of the two wreaths.

A close-up view of one of the wreaths.

another view of both of them together.

I haven't lost my touch.   What I did ten years ago is still with me.  The colors are good for Memorial Day and after that I will take out the red and white and use another color.

What is your throw back Thursday idea or picture?
Thanks for viewing.  Come again.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois




No comments: