Monday, June 12, 2017

"A Masculine Card...Father's Day Or Birthday"

Good Monday, June 12, 2017 to you.
I'm glad you're back for another day of viewing.  Many of us are working on those last minute Father's Day cards for Sunday, June 18, 2017.   I had finish so today I made a card with a "male" in mind.  This card can be used for Father's Day or for a male's birthday. 
We love the men and it can be challenging sometimes to create a card for them.  Still, we try to do our best.
The stamp I used comes from Penny Black "T for Transparent heartfelt clear set and the paper for decoupage came from Hunkydory "The Second Little Book of Decoupage".

 From the Little Book of Decoupage, I took out three pages of the same image.  I used two of the pages to cut out individual parts of the picture for the decoupage.  If you cannot tell, take a closer look at the book with the seashells, the boat on the table, the red & black boat at the top as well as the lighthouse and the red wheel on the bottom right. (I'm sorry my photography doesn't do the card justice).

I tried to take a photo from the side view so you could see the layers.  It is still a little hard to tell but it was done.

These are just the two most important items used other than the designer paper that came from Recollections Bright and Basic paper pad.  On the far left is the stamp set from Penny Black and on the right is the book from Hunkydory.

I've given this card the sentiment, "enjoy your day".  As stated, it can be used for Father's Day or for a birthday.  I stopped short of adding something in the inside because I will not be using this at the moment.  When the occasion comes (for male birthday), I'll fix up the inside with a personal message.  Otherwise, I'll include some pretty paper and put in in my box for the soldiers.

No comments: