Wednesday, June 21, 2017

"Do You Have A Favorite Quote?"

Hello on this official 1st day of summer; hump day (middle of the week); Wednesday, June 21, 2017.
Yes, it became official today to say that it is finally summer.  If you're like me your outside temperature and your body should have announced to you several weeks ago that it was summer.  It has been hot, hot, hot.

How many of you love quotes for different occasions?  I have friends who will post something to me everyday using quotes or a biblical scripture.  Often times I will use them if that is where my inspiration comes from in the morning.  I often smile and say, "God is speaking to me through someone else and I should listen", especially if it happens more than once during the same morning on the same day.

Here is a quote that came loud and clear: "I May Not Be There Yet, But I'm Closer Than I Was Yesterday".Author: unknown
Okay, this speaks in so many different ways.  What if you're going through a sickness and each day you're getting better and better...not as strong as you want to be, but not as sick as you were?   You're in an exercise program to get rid of some extra weight...the pounds are falling but not as fast as you would like for them to leave...hence, you're closer to the desired weight than you were on January 1.
Taking a road trip that requires many hours of travel...you are a lot closer to your destination than sitting in your driveway waiting to leave.
 

 Entry will be made of this card at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com for
Challenge #288-#289 - Anything Goes

I started with a piece of Recollections tan cardstock.
Using the TH Stampers Anonymous "THMM102"  stencil, distress inks (pumice stone and hickory smoke), I created the background for my focal layer.
With blue vellum and Recollections "mason jars" stamps, I stamped with black archival ink onto the vellum and fussy cut them out to use on the card.
Water colored paper that had been colored with distress inks was used for the die cuts (Sizzix garden greens).  The die cuts were placed behind the mason jars but not too far down.
Brown hemp cord was tied around the jars.  Glue dots were used to help adhere them in place.
Sentiment was copied from Google image and cut out to place on tag.
White NUVO crystal drops were used on the end of one die cut flower.
Items used from left to right:
Sizzix garden greens die
Recollections mason jars stamp set
Distress ink: pumice stone and hickory smoke
Tim Holtz stencil and stamp set

What's your favorite quote?  Are you able to make a card or LO using it?

Thanks for your time today.  I hope something written or the card made will inspire you in some way today.  Thanks everyone for the lovely comments you've made.  I enjoy your continued support.

Sending a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: