Friday, June 30, 2017

"How Old Is Old?"

Happy Friday to you my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Let's have a grand ole' time this weekend.  Let's celebrate the upcoming Fourth of July with fun, food and family.

It's Friday and I usually see what I have in my stash to make a card. I call my post, "What's In My Stash?"
Today, I've been inspired by the June Hero Arts kit.  I don't have the kit but I thought I had some of the pictures of the stamps that were in the kit.  I went way, way down in my stash because I remember getting an African theme book at the beginning of my scrapbooking days and had not thrown it away (it still had a few pages left and the cardstock was really a heavy weight).
Yippee!, I found it but was not so happy to find that most of the animal pictures had been used or cut out of the book (DCWV Safari Chic stack).  I had two pages with the elephant on it so my card was made from those two pages, a Recollections stamp set and NUVO bronze and white crystal drops.
I'm going to enter this card over at Cropstop.com/blog   June Challenge Link Party #29
http://www.cropstop.com/blog/cards/ahoy-embossing-tutorial/
Come and join me.
Here is the card I made.  The focal is made out of one of the sheets of DCWV Safari Chic Stack cardstock.  With the second sheet, I fussy cut out the elephant and decoupage it on top of the first one.  I used the white NUVO drops and colored in the tusk and added bronze NUVO drops for the eyes and for embellishment.
Using the Recollections stamp set, Versa mark ink, gold embossing powder, and black Archival ink.  I stamped the sentiment with the Versa mark and heat embossed the gold powder.  I stamped the sentiment again with the black ink moving the paper less than an eighth of an inch to make the gold embossing a shadow effect.  Below are two of the items used in the making of this card.
Thanks for visiting today.
I always enjoy your view and your comments.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: