Friday, June 16, 2017

"What's In My Stash...Friday"

Hello visitors, viewers, followers and friends. 
It's Friday, June 16, 2017. 
We made it to this day and will be looking forward to the weekend.
Some of our weekends will extend beyond Sunday.  We will not know what to do with ourselves since there is no workday for Monday.  Go ahead, sleep late, but I know that is not possible until your body get adjusted to not having to jump up at a certain time.  Enjoy your time, you deserve it!

If you're here for the first time, my busiest day is on Friday doing some important things.  When I craft, it has to be quick and fast.  What I had started doing...pulling items out of my stash containers (cardstock, die cut-outs, sentiments, etc.) to make a card.  It's my way of challenging myself.

Today's card:
  1. I started with my die-cuts bag to see what image I wanted to use...I pulled out a tea kettle and cup that I had cut out using the Flower Market CTMH cartridge and Cricut Expression (I had to think where it came from).
  2. Searching through my regular cardstock, I found a piece of water color paper that had been distressed and also used for another die-cut.  It was almost enough to use for the focal base on my card.  I had to think how to make it longer.  I kept looking for another piece of cardstock to make it 4.25 x 5.50.    While pulling out cardstock, a little piece that matched the distressed cardstock fell on the floor.  It was the appropriate size and color.
  3. I needed a sentiment that would fit the cup and kettle so I pulled out my "coffee" stamp set by Fiskars called "Latte Love".  I didn't see any sentiment from this set that I wanted to use.  However, the steam from the coffee cup gave me an idea.. why not use something from the bible for a sentiment.  I had not completed this task during the week.
  4. I used my computer and printer to make the sentiment "May the LORD pour out His Blessings on you today!"  This didn't exactly come out the stash so let's say this is new. Also, I wanted to highlight the kettle a little more, so, I added NUVO white crystal drops.

I will enter this over at http://www.WordArtWednesday.blogspot.com.  If you visit that site, you may see some other inspiration.

Have a blessed weekend my  friends.  Thanks for viewing and come again!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: