Friday, July 28, 2017

"Using Left-Overs"

Hello friends, viewers, followers and visitors.
Happy Friday to you. Wishing you a wonderful, enjoyable weekend of fun and frolic.
We have nothing major to do this weekend.  We will probably go out sightseeing and in the process stop at a store or two.  We will not be doing any major shopping, just spending some time away from home  and having a nice dinner before we return.
Today is the day I go into my stash, collect items, and make a card for your viewing.
If you've notice the majority of my cards this week, you saw where I got "inky" a lot of those days.
The focal panel you see today is a left-over from playing with inks.  In this specific case...Distress Oxide.  On the back of the panel I had written the three I used as well as the stencil just in case I would return to it at a later date ( I didn't plan on using it this early).  The only new item was the clear round drops from  Studio Katia.  Everything else had been cut, colored. stamped and saved in my stash bin.
 I will enter this at wordartwednesday and cropstop.

  • Start with a piece of Ranger water color paper cut to your desired size
  • Color the paper with Distress Oxide inks...broken china, fossilized amber and abandoned coral in no particular order
  • Use a stencil of your choice over the top of your coloring.  With a damp cloth, wipe away some of your coloring. In my project, I used the "circle" stencil from Vicki Boutin (American Crafts).
  • For the sentiment, I cut a small piece of paper from  a piece of Botanic Orchid (Heartfelt Creation) that was in my stash.
  • I used one of the stamps from Recollections "faith" stamp set. It was applied to the paper using black Archival ink.
  • For added embellishments, I die cut the calla lily using Marianne Creatable die and colored it with distress inks.  A floral embellishment from Recollections was used at the bottom of the calla lily.  Five assorted sizes of the sequins from Studio Katia was used around the top of the card.
I hope you enjoyed your view today.  Have fun and come again.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: