Friday, July 21, 2017

"What's In My Stash...Friday"

Hello friends, followers, viewers and visitors.
What's on your agenda for today and for the weekend?
Today is my busiest day of the week.  So much to do and then an added bonus from one of our church friends...he decided to drop off fresh corn for me to try to put in the freezer.  As if I didn't have enough to do already...I'm thankful. 
Who doesn't enjoy fresh, sweet, white corn in the summer.
When my mother was living, I never stood around to learn the method of canning or freezing vegetables...so, today I'll have to watch YouTube or Google the information to find out what I'm suppose to do with this corn.  Pray for me dear friends.  I want to enjoy eating today and also around December (lol).
This is a quick card...
 


The pink focal layer was in my stash.  It was already cut down to an A2 size.  I first used the circle die to cut out the circle.  Next, I embossed the top part to give it more depth and dimension.  I pulled out the floral branch sticker from my stash and looked for a sentiment that didn't need to be stamped.  This was where Vicki Boutin watercolor stickers came into play.  I pulled out more cardstock from my stash for the layering and used a piece of Neenah white cardstock for the card base.
I like the way this came out.  Clean And Simple for a Friday card.
From left to right: Recollection Mixed Media paper pad; Our Daily Bread Design (ODBD) stitched circle dies; Sizzix tiny dot embossing folder; Martha Stewart Pearl Garden Branches stickers.

"Today Is The Day" to _______________
  • celebrate a birthday
  • start a new job
  • buy a new car
  • put your best foot forward
  • get rid of the "junk in your trunk"
Have a blessed day and don't forget to come again.  I enjoy your company and your comments.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: