Wednesday, September 13, 2017

"Hope Is Never Lost"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers on this Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
We are moving along with the fall air approaching.  The green grass is about to turn brown.  The leaves will be doing the same.  I need to visit the farm to get my pumpkins and mums to decorate a little for the fall.
How much do you put into your fall display?  Is it a little or a lot?
The colors of fall are so beautiful and vibrant.
I started last evening working on a couple of cards for today.  I finish them this morning.  I hope you enjoy your view.
"Hope Is Never Lost"
Along with Neenah white cardstock; black Recollections cardstock and some paper from my paper stash , I used one of the dies from Spellbinders wreath die to cut out parts of my focal layer.  This layer is a piece of Ranger water color paper that I used Distress Oxide #1 inks to color.  I stamped and cut out the blazing poppy petals and colored them with yellow, orange and brown markers.  Some NUVO gold crystal drops were applied in the center of the flowers. and NUVO yellow drops towards the top and bottom of the image.  I used a chipboard quote from Tim Holtz idea-ology quote chips to title my card.
This will be an entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com and
http://www.cropstop.com/blog
Some of the items used on the "Hope Is Never Lost Card

"Be Brave"
will be entered in the Color Challenge 12 September 2017 
I used DP from Michaels; Recollections tree sticker in which I added dark green stickles in various places; a Darice fence die ; a Jolee's boutique sticker (squirrel) and a quote chip from Tim Holtz's  quote chips


I did this one for a sketch not a challenge.   I added it here for your view.
The oval is a piece of water colored paper in which I applied distress inks (blueprint sketch, stormy sky and cracked pistachio).  I used the Sizzix birch trees die to cut out a part of the tree in white and black and adhered it to the oval.  On the right hand side, I drew in the green pine tree by using ground expresso and peeled paint distress inks. The moon comes from Sizzix frame layers & flowers die. Fantasy Snow was added to the oval.  A Darice snow embossing folder was used for the blue panel.  The sentiment and gold snowflake is from Jolee's boutique.

Thanks so much for viewing today.  Please come again.
Your comments are always welcome.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: