Tuesday, September 5, 2017

"You Make Me Smile"

Hello to Tuesday, September 5, 2017.

It's great to be back today wishing all of my friends, followers, visitors and viewers a happy day.

They are back in school...all the children in my neighborhood.  That yellow bus came, picked up and hopefully and prayerfully dropped them off at the elementary, middle and high school this morning.
Summer was extraordinary eventful and fun but it is time to get back to learning some great facts and information.
In talking with my grand on yesterday, she is still so excited with her school year so far.  She's beginning her third week today in fourth grade.   Some of the things she told me really made me smile.  I've taken that joy and  titled my card with it this morning (You Make Me Smile).  Since I didn't adorn it with a lot of bulk...this will make a good donation into my give-away box for the soldiers.

First, using Neenah white cardstock, a word processing program on my computer and my printer, I typed and printed out the sentiment.  I cut the cardstock down to the A2 size.
Next, I used a circle die on the cardstock so I could color within the circle.  I used three distress inks (stormy sky, abandoned coral and scattered straw).
I stamped the floral images with black archival ink using the Kaisercraft Lilac Whisper clear stamps set.  The flowers were colored with pink, purple and green watercolor markers.
I attached a green bow made with Offray ribbon to the bottom of the flower.  To finish off the card, I placed a beach chair from Recollections dimensional stickers at the bottom of the circle and applied droplets of Ranger's hydrangea liquid pearl to the upper and bottom right corners.

Yes, you  also make me smile (my crafting friends and viewers).
This card will be added to http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com


Tim Holtz's distress inks
Kaisercraft Lilac Whisper clear stamps
Ranger hydrangea liquid pearls


Thanks for your time to come and view with me today.  It is always  a pleasure knowing that you continue to support my work and leave such beautiful comments.  Come again and I hope something you see will spark you to CASE this card.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: