Monday, October 30, 2017

"Orange Is My New Color...Just For Today"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Welcome back from a glorious, fantastic weekend.
I went browsing but did not get anything.  We just took the opportunity to enjoy some time away from the house.
I did go into Michaels to see what I could buy.  I walked around the display of Halloween items with 70% off for about fifteen minutes.  I don't make a lot of Halloween cards, therefore my thought was should I just get something because of the seventy percent off or should I just leave everything where it was.  I picked up a stamp set and put it down.  I held up a container with black and orange ribbon and put that back down also.  The Martha Stewart paper pad was tempting but I couldn't think of anything beyond Halloween to use it for.  Autumn is a nice time of the year but I don't do a lot of cards in this range either.  Soooooooo, I bought NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING out of this store!  I even surprised myself.
This morning, I pulled out some burnt orange cardstock to make a card that focused on the color orange...(this color on a card is rarely seen by me).  Since it will be Halloween tomorrow and this is the Autumn season...this card will blend in with the many others floating around on the internet. I'll include it in the "cards for soldiers" box.
entry for


Enabler's List:
cardstock: Neenah white; Recollections burnt orange, brown and black
Designer Paper: DCWV Safari Chick Stack
Stamp: Hero Arts Operation Write Home
dies: Sizzix poinsettia die; Spellbinders foliage; Tattered Lace Opulent Over the Edge
embellishment: NUVO strawberry coulis jewel drops

Maybe its time to stop buying craft items and start all over again making my old stuff new stuff.  I have punches I haven't used in a very long, long time.  I need to find a new use for them.  Stamps from CTMH that came with  Cricut cartridges I bought, also need to be used.
I'm happy I came out of Michaels and left all of the crafting supplies in the store.

Thanks for viewing with me today.  Come again and don't forget to leave a comment.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: