Thursday, November 30, 2017

"What's Correct...Merry Christmas Or Happy Holidays"

Good Day to all my friends, family, followers, visitors and viewers.  It's the last day of November for 2017.  What are you ready for now?  I know you're going to say Christmas.  Am I correct in writing this?
I have to ask this question because I thought about what all the news is reporting about the WH's Christmas decorations and theme for this year...Do you prefer the words "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Christmas"?  Just because you say "Merry Christmas", does that really make you a Christian? Just because you say "Happy Holidays" does that make you a non-Christian?
These are just a few thoughts I had on my mind this morning.
When I was in the school system and working with people who had various religious backgrounds... during December my cards that I gave away were "Happy Holidays".  It had nothing to do with the government or what was political correct or religiously correct.  If you gave me a card during the card exchange, and if I didn't know your religious background, "Happy Holidays" would be the kind of card I gave back to you.  I wasn't making cards at the time, so the package I bought to participate in the card exchange were very non-religious.
As was stated on "The View"...if you let media take control...you will find yourself one dimensional in your thinking and in your action.
I made a traditional "Happy Holidays" card for today.   Now, what does that make me? (lol):
entry for www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Enabler's List:
cardstock: Neenah white; Bazzill yellow; DP from DCWV the Brooklyn Stack
dies used: Sizzix holiday greens and garden greens; Sizzix poinsettia die; Sizzix mixed media die; Kaisercraft hanging bauble branch die
embellishment: Martha Stewart faux pearl

Thanks for viewing with me today.
Comments are always welcome and appreciated.
Please come again!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: