Tuesday, January 2, 2018

"Advice But No Resolution"

Hello friends, followers, family, visitors and viewers.
It is cold outside.  The temperature for my area was at 7 degrees at 7am this morning.
I'm not sure if the children went back to school.  I was too busy and missed hearing the bus if there was one for today.
Jokingly...This would have been one day that I didn't care if I missed it or not (the bus)....it is just that cold.  I would rather stay wrapped up under the covers where it was warm and cozy...(lol)
However, I didn't.  There are still things to do.

I don't make resolutions...I didn't eat black-eyed peas or greens on yesterday.  I prayed to the one who answer prayers. Something that I will do on a daily routine.

I have advice if you choose to accept it and pass it on...
"If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down."  You, neither myself, can have an adventure if we are dragging around things that didn't work for us in 2017.  This is a new year and a new you.  Look back over some things that you tried or you did last year that you can shake off and  leave behind and please...don't go back to those things that didn't work.  It may also include some of those people that were holding you down.  My grandmother would say, "Everyone that grins in your face is not your friend.  Be very careful with who you let into your life".

Here is my card focusing on my advice:
Enabler's List:
  • white cardstock is from PaperandMore; the orange pattern paper is from graphic 45 Fairie Dust; the black cardstock is from Recollections, a piece of corrugated cardboard and the top layer is Ranger watercolor paper.
  • inks used on watercolor are Distress Oxides fossilized amber, antique linen, wild honey and vintage photo
  • doily is from Martha Stewart and the white stickers around the top and bottom are from Art-C
  • Laser cut tag is from Bo Bunny;  the bird is from K & Company.
  • The greenery is cut from Sizzix fall foliage, the flowers are from heartfelt creation and the ribbon is from the Funkie Junkie
I know it is only the second day of the year, so if we started on a positive adventure yesterday, by all means lets keep it going.

As always, this blog welcomes you.  You can check in at any time and if you so desire, leave a comment.  I love hearing from you.

Sending you a hug and praying you have grace and mercy from above,
Lois

No comments: