Monday, March 5, 2018

"Tiny Houses The Tim Holtz Way"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers on this Monday, March 5, 2018.
I know you had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed yourself no matter what you did.  Didn't you?
Next weekend, prepare to change those clocks because the time will move forward in welcoming the change of the season..."spring forward".
How many of you watch the TV show of how they build those tiny houses on wheels?  I will watch an episode every once in a while and I really enjoy how they build those houses.   Most of the episodes portray living simply in small homes with the same amenities you would have in a larger home.  The difference is in the square feet of space.  Usually, a small home or tiny house is considered small if it is about 500 square feet.
The way I'm feeling while typing this post is this, I don't think I could live in a tiny house but I could use one for my crafting space.  I've seen a utility house/playhouse that I'm trying to convince my DH to buy for me.  A lady in our community has one and she converted it into a crafting space with heat and an air condition unit.  She makes and sells her crafts from her little tiny house.
I may never get a tiny house for my crafting,  but I sure could convert some paper into one, two, three for your view today:
 This is the first tiny house made into a card. The inspiration came from Pam (FritillaryB) on Scrapbook.com.  On the house the sign reads, "LIVE LIFE boldly" and the metal tag says, "EXPLORE". This describes exactly how I see my crafting for 2018 (go on an adventure and experience new things).  I've used some Recollections flowers around pieces of a die (Swirl Flower Wish) that I cut apart to make vines. The house (medium chipboard) was embossed with a Sizzix TH Alterations (brick) folder and opaque crackle texture paste was applied in some of the open spots.  Rusty hinge distress ink was applied over the brick portion. The butterflies are from K & Company and Recollections.  The Ranger water color paper was colored with Distress Oxides and splattered with water.  A fun project to make.


 This  project (For Her House), was made by using both die cut pieces from Tim Holtz tiny house die. The paper was donated by Pam (FritillaryB).  I used Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations brick embossing folder,rusty hinge and evergreen bough distress ink to enhance the paper. I fussy cut a clock from a piece of paper I had in my stash. The window frame was also cut out and I made the window shelf from a piece of beige cardstock.  The flowers are small heartfelt flowers cut out of pink cardstock. The butterflies came from Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope paper pad.




 This  project (For Him House),  was made with navy blue cardstock from PaperandMore.  This time the base of the tiny houses were embossed with Sizzix Texture Fades Riveted Metal embossing folder and the roof of the houses were embossed with the Sizzix Texture Fades Diamond plate embossing folder.  Nuvo mother of pearl embellishment mousse was lightly used on some parts of the houses as well as Stampendous chunky metallic embossing enamel. I cut out flowers using paper that was previously colored with Distress Oxides and the TH die set Wildflowers #2.  The fancy pot is a die from Cheery Lynn Designs.  The jalopy is a Sizzix embossing folder cut out that has the mother of pearl mousse on it.  The boys, suitcases and airplane were from a free vintage photo search on Google.

I enjoyed making all three of these tiny houses and will be glad to do it again in the future.

Thanks for taking a little time to view with me today.  Please come again.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: